About Business for Birth Professionals
The Business for Birth Professionals module is included in all our training and certification programs. It’s also available to purchase as a stand-alone course. If you’re struggling to know where to start, or have a business but need fresh, new ideas, this mini-course will give you the boost you are looking for!
Your course will help you to build a business plan without the fancy jargon. Just great information and exercises to help you flex your business muscles, and ongoing support and guidance from your trainer (optional). Your course materials will provide 34 hours of training.
As with all our training programs, you’ll have access to a worldwide network of other birth and lactation professionals and trainers. Whether you need tips on finding clients, how to help solve a specific client problem or ideas for balancing your work and personal life, you’ll find support and guidance.
You can choose the Go Green option (online access only) and save money! The assignments for this short course are optional.
Go Green (online): US$130
Printed Manuals: US$140 (+ shipping)
The Business of Birth provides you with everything you need to know about starting up, or growing, your business. We take away the unknown and daunting parts of running a business and help you to develop strategies that will make your business successful. Throughout the module, you’ll develop a comprehensive business plan that will be easy to complete.
Topics in Business of Birth
- becoming a birth and parenting professional
- determine your own personal and business goals
- learn marketing strategies such as segmentation, targeting and positioning
- develop a customer profile
- analyze your competitors
- determine your unique selling point
- identify ways to broaden your products and services
- develop your brand
- learn the basics of website design
- develop a social media strategy
- determine your advertising approach
- learn how to carry out financial analysis and avoid debt
- understand the different options for a legal business structure
- time management and ways to deal with work stresses