The first of our breastfeeding professional development courses is now available!
Breastfeeding in Special Circumstances
All too often breastfeeding parents feel unsupported or are given misinformation about breastfeeding. Our own research shows that nearly 60% of people do not receive support breastfeeding either during pregnancy or after birth. Of those who do receive support, 40% find that it is unhelpful.
This 7-hour online course covers a range of special circumstances that might be encountered by those providing breastfeeding support to clients. These include:
- Breastfeeding after breast surgery
- Breastfeeding multiples
- Breastfeeding after surviving sexual abuse
- Breastfeeding while trying to conceive
- Breastfeeding during pregnancy
- Tandem feeding a baby and an older sibling
- Induced lactation and relactation
- Pumping milk or suppressing lactation after a stillbirth
- Expressing milk in a range of circumstances
You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
This course is suitable for anyone working with breastfeeding parents and requires no prerequisites. This module is also included in our Breastfeeding Counselor certification program.
Existing CBI students receive a 15% discount on this course.
Take a look at our professional development courses for pregnancy & birth.