Every individual has the right to be treated equally and with kindness
Childbirth International (“CBI”) supports all its trainers, directors and other representatives (“representatives”) in being able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination. The decisions made by CBI regarding recruitment, promotion, training, termination, and the assignment of trainers to a student are made without discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or belief system, age, body size or shape, pregnancy, sexual orientation, biological gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, disability, political ideology, marital status, or genetic information (“discrimination factors”).
Discrimination or harassment from CBI representatives
All representatives of CBI are expected to carry out their duties without harassment or discrimination towards any other CBI representative, or towards any student or graduate. CBI representatives are encouraged to report harassing conduct before it becomes severe or pervasive. Any complaints related to harassment or discrimination will be treated seriously, and where the complaint is found to be valid, the CBI representative will be subject to disciplinary action. CBI representatives that make complaints of harassment or discrimination, or provide information related to such complaints, can be assured that:
- They will be protected against retaliation for making the complaint.
- They can make the complaint to their Supervisor or any Director of CBI verbally or in writing.
- Their complaint will be confidential to the extent possible (reasonable disclosure may be required during an investigation of the complaint).
- All complaints will be managed promptly, thoroughly and in an impartial manner.
- If harassment or discrimination are found to have occurred during a resulting investigation, immediate and appropriate corrective action will be taken.
Harassment or Discrimination towards CBI representatives
CBI will not tolerate any harassment of, or discrimination towards, its representatives. Requests from students to transfer to a new trainer because of discriminatory factors will not be considered under any circumstances. Complaints of discrimination or harassment will be reported to the Grievance Committee and investigated. In cases where the complaints are confirmed after investigation, appropriate corrective action will be taken towards the individual who has discriminated or harassed, which may include:
- Written warning
- Suspension from the program
- Additional requirements to fulfill certification
- Removal from the program without a refund